Dear Church Community,
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in our congregation who, over the past twenty months, has:
- participated in worship online.
- waited patiently to worship in person.
- worked hard on our renovations and repairs.
- financially supported those renovations and repairs.
- kept all our programs and committees running.
- participated in those programs and committees.
- shared your joys and concerns with the congregation.
- prayed for those joys and concerns.
- recorded music for worship online.
- returned to sing with the choir.
- handled the financial operations of the church.
- fulfilled the leadership responsibilities of the church.
- supported one another with congregation care.
- contributed to the care of our wider community.
- rallied for racial justice outside our church.
- advocated for social justice across the city.
- supported our children and youth programs.
- participated in Sunday School, Teen Group, and Confirmation Class.
- kept our gardens and grounds looking beautiful.
- celebrated my ten years as your pastor.
- set up the technology for hybrid worship.
- participated in our racial justice audit.
- brought your pets to the animal blessing.
- pledged your financial support to the church.
- kept the faith that we could do all this, together.
As I said in last Sunday’s worship, once you start writing down all the things for which you’re grateful, it’s hard to stop. Because there’s no end to the gifts we’re given!
I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends, and I look forward to seeing you in person or online this First Sunday of Advent.