Cleveland Park Congregational UCC partners with a variety of organizations to live out our mission of nurturing love of God and love of neighbor in the world. Organizations were selected for support by our church based on three criteria:
- Alignment with the Mission & Social Action goals in our church’s strategic plan.
- Ability to get involved as volunteers.
- Service to the Washington DC area community.
Social Action Goal: Racial Justice
Social Action Goal: Immigration and Refugee Support
Social Action Goal: Homelessness and Poverty Reduction
Social Action Goal: Substance Abuse Reduction
- Twelve Step Groups (we host four groups/week in our building)
Social Action Goal: LGBTQ+ Equality and Safety
Social Action Goal: Environment & Creation Care
Social Action Goal: Elder Care
A significant portion of each year’s mission budget also goes to Our Church’s Wider Mission to support several UCC domestic and international social action ministries.
With these partnerships, we participate in and/or lead many activities, including:
- Community clean ups
- Youth Mission trip(s)
- Days of Service
- Welcoming Asylum Seekers
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
- Staffing food pantries
- After-school tutoring
- Collecting school supplies, toiletries, winter clothing, etc. for those in need
- Collecting the fiveUCC denomination offerings
If you are interested in learning more or joining the Mission & Social Action Committee in this important work, please contact our Mission Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.